Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

COLOR-SPLASHED (with photos)




COLOR SPLASHED


There was a time,
not so very long ago,
when the colors
of the rainbow
were completely
hidden from sight;
I simply couldn't see
all the beauty in life;
blinded as I was
to what was right
in front of me.
Every day seemed
exactly the same
as it was the day before,
little joy to speak of;
the thrill had dissipated,
each day just bit more strife.

And then I finally decided
that I had had quite enough
and made a huge change,
reclaiming my time,
and my life,
and the me
who had somehow
gotten lost in the gray
of life's days.

And in a relative instant
I began once again to see
the colors of the rainbow
that had begun to elude me.
The gray of my days
burst into rainbowed colors
so vibrant and clear,
as though never having left me
as I had begun to fear.

And as I look out
upon this world
through these eyes
that had begun to overlook
what had been there all along,
I marvel at God's handiwork,
the colors of the rainbow,
the ever-changing blues
of sea and sky,
the vibrant greens
of grass and trees,
the golden sun,
the rich brown earth,
the reds and pinks
in the gardens I see.
And as this new day
begins to unfold,
I can only be thankful
for what I can now behold.




(c) barbara kausteklis 6-6-12


For CPC Wonderful Wednesday/
"Let's Make a Color Run."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/90209/color-run-wonderful-wednesday-cpc/


1 comment:

  1. Barbara, This may be an older post, but the poem & pics are absolutely gorgeous! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete