Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

SOMETHING IN THE AIR TONIGHT (with photo)





SOMETHING IN THE AIR TONIGHT


There’s something

in the air tonight,
can’t quite figure out
exactly what it is —
something that makes
my thoughts drift and wander
and encourages me
to think about things.

Part of me hopes

that the rain will come,
washing away
any residual sadness and fears.
And part of me hopes
that the sun shines bright
and chases away
all those clouds and tears.

I can’t make up
my mind at all
just how I want
this day to be.
So rain or shine,
I’ll be happy
and will welcome
whatever happens
to come my way,
whether rain’s pitter-patter
on the roof over my head
or sunbeams streaming
through the window
next to me,
rain or shine
will soothe
this heart of mine.

(c) barbara kausteklis 6-5-12


Written for Inspiration Nook/"Groovin' and Movin' With Bettie
"

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/89762/groovin-movin-bettie/


Selected song titles used 

(from the list of them posted in the challenge):

IT WILL RAIN

PART OF ME
IN THE AIR TONIGHT

Thanks always for visits and comments.


~BARB~

5 comments:

  1. Reading "Something in the Air Tonight" brings peace in my soul.
    May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
    May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
    May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
    And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
    Irish Blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as I find your comment tonight, your beautiful words touch my heart and soul as I read them. I promise to be here much more often as MySpace has apparently done away with blogging forever with the changes they have made today.

      Delete
  2. Yes!
    Sorry Barbara. Bad day.
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..........Mark McGee, by the way.

      Delete
    2. Hi there, Mark! I'm so glad to see you here. And thanks so much! I'm so glad the link worked. I just now linked my blog here to my Google+ which I had put on hold as well. Now I'll be working a lot harder to figure that out too.

      Delete