Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

WORDS ALONG THE WAY





WORDS ALONG THE WAY


I find it really hard
to even find the words
to say just how I feel
when it’s time
to say goodbye.
There are no words
adequate enough
to begin to express
how I’m feeling
or exactly why
I feel this way.

So I’ll simply write down
these inadequate words
and say it like this:
I’m so very glad
that our paths crossed
as they did,
a most happy accident
that must have been
meant to be.

Goodbye isn’t a word
that’s really in my heart,
not a word I ever use
even when far apart.
Things happen for reasons
I seldom understand,
so I’ve stopped
the second-guessing
and trying to figure
them out.

You’ve taught me
such a lot of things
in so many different ways.
And there’s no way
to repay the joy
you’ve brought
to my heart.
And in the future,
should our paths cross again,
I’ll remember these times
and the smiles they brought.
And as I wish you well
on the journey ahead
I know that you’ll find
smooth sailing along the way,
that the paths you travel
will lead exactly where
you want them to go.

(c) barbara kausteklis 6-4-12

I've been so very blessed by all who have
crossed my path on this incredible journey
and wish them well on the new paths
they're traveling as I continue to hope
that we'll cross paths once again.

~barb~

No comments:

Post a Comment