Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SWEET SUSTENANCE TO MY SOUL

 photo ApolloBlessed-ShambhalabySharonlee_zps54c04f7c.jpg
PhotoArt by Sharonlee Goodhand


SWEET SUSTENANCE TO MY SOUL

Measured thought
upon thought,
sweet sustenance
to my soul,
peace-longing,
beauty-searching,
knowledge-thirsting,
serenity-seeking
and released
one
by
one,
immersing my emotions,
bathed within the stream,
soothing waves washing over
the translucence
of my soul,
finding their way
and lifted upon
a delicate breath,
floating beyond my todays
and into my tomorrows
and beyond.

And within these fragile moments,
elusive as they are,
this tattered heart
finds a place to rest
and to make
a brand new start,
soothed and refreshed
and finally released
from uninvited emotions
found hiding and residing
in dark corners of my mind,
uninvited and unwelcome,
now pushed aside
and out of the way,
by tranquil waters
that once again flow,
a healing balm
to my heart and my soul.

(c) barbara kausteklis 6-9-13

Written for Apollo Blessed Challenges Abound/SHAMBHALA

http://apolloblessed.ning.com/group/challenges-abound/forum/topics/shambhala

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~

10 comments:

  1. Barbara, I love the feel of this poem. Tranquil & content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Clara! I'm so very glad to be able to share Sharonlee's beautiful photoart in this way.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sister Soul! I'm so very glad to see you here.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Happy to be able to share a bit of peace along with Sharonlee's beautiful artwork. Thanks so much, Sandi!

      Delete
  4. This is very beautiful, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dustup! I'm glad to be able to share it here on Blogspot.

      Delete
  5. I have returned to the oasis. I have no special reason for it, but I can feel the smile on my face and the comfort in my heart. I have been away for too long from your ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alway's AAA Niiice Combo w/ Sharon's Art & Your Words Ms K ~

    ReplyDelete