Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HE WHO KNOWS (Blackbird's "Weekend Watch")










HE WHO KNOWS


He sits alone,
invisible to those
who pass by each day
on their way
to whatever consumes
their attention
and numbs their hearts,
their faceless faces
riveted only upon
what distracts their eyes
and assaults their ears,
the shiny things
in the windows,
the flashy images
in the darkness,
loud noises,
unintelligible,
misunderstood.

And the people walk by;
they pay him no mind.
They don't notice his shoes
that have walked in places
I can only dream about;
that have walked in places
I'm afraid to know about.
They don't notice his eyes
that have seen things
I can't even begin to imagine.
They don't notice
what he already knows.

And I have a feeling
that he's the one
who sees things clearly,
sees through and beyond
the faceless faces
walking by.
I have a feeling
that he's the one
who has things
all figured out.

(c) barbara kausteklis 2-28-12

For Blackbird's "Weekend Watch"
(writing a piece suggested by the above image):

http://www.myspace.com/pandorasthief/blog/545357930


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! A triumph! Brava! You slammed this one out of the park. I'll leave this comment in all three places: your blog, Blackbird's place and Blogspot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leeza! I'm so honored by your comment. It's such a wonderful challenge and I look forward to reading each one of the pieces posted.

      Delete