Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

NOT BY ACCIDENT (Blogophilia 1.5)



Blogophilia 1.5 Topic: "Going the Extra Mile"

Bonus Points:

(Hard, 2pts): include a dream symbol
(Easy, 1pt): include a George Carlin quote(s)

Final date to post BLOG: March 3rd, 2012 - Saturday, midnight Pacific Time
Final date to post ALL GUESSES: March 2nd, 2012 - Friday, midnight Pacific Time

***************







NOT BY ACCIDENT

It couldn't have been

an accident,
two unlikely souls
brought together,
you and me,
so very different we are
in so very many ways.
No, it couldn't
have been
an accident;
it was clearly
meant to be.

For you taught me

that when two together
climb the mountains
of this world
and of this life
and traverse the valleys
found along the way,
that there isn't any mountain
in our dreams of night
or fancy flights



(or those we
experience so often in life)
impossible to climb
and no valley
that we can't get through.






You taught me

that a smile shared
can do so much
as you cheered me up
and made me smile
so many times
when I could have
simply cried all day.
You taught me
that by just a little bit
of encouragement,
a smile,
a pat on the back,
just a few words,
I could do so many things
that I never imagined I could.

And you taught me
that going the extra mile,
never stopping short,
never giving up,
is the best way to be,
the only way to be
as countless times
you went that extra mile
for me.

And you taught me

that balance is the key,
and every day
I try to do exactly that.
As George Carlin put it,
and he said it
so very well:
"I take it slow,
I go with the flow,
I ride with the tide
. . . .
I'm hanging in,
there ain't no doubt.
. . . .
And I'm hanging tough,
over and out."

It was most definitely
no accident,
that across the years
and across the miles,
two unlikely souls
were brought together
in a most unlikely way,
you and I
and you certainly went
that extra mile for me

(c) barbara kausteklis 3-1-12


Written for Blogophilia 1.5/"Going the Extra Mile."


http://www.myspace.com/blogophilia/blog/545361655



GUESSES


TOPIC: Nissmech


PICTURE: Marvin





PHRASES: martian, desolate, deserted, ups and downs, extra-terrestrial, from a distance, in the distance, moonscape, red rocks, red planet, lost in space, dreamworks, Death Valley, peaks and valleys, highs and lows, end of the world as we know it, roll over red rover, gray-scale, sepia, space walk, mars rover, hazy, blurry, climb every mountain, on dry land, drought, parched, thirsty, women are from venus/men are from mars, my favorite martian, Marvin, mars bars, on dry land, wasteland, sandy


DREAM SYMBOL USED:


Mountain
(from http://www.spiritcommunity.com/dreams/dream-symbols.php):

"Climbing a real mountain is not always fun but it usually challenging and rewarding. Some say that the mountain may represent spirituality while others suggest mental development and self-awareness. The most literal interpretation of climbing a mountain is that it represents attainment of goals. If you are ascending a mountain you may be are working hard and trying to accomplish your goals, whether they are spiritual, emotional, or material."

"Mountain is a challenge or obstacle. Depending on your mind set, you may see a mountain as representation of something that you feel is an overwhelming obstacle, or you may view it positively as a great challenge you are ready to take on. A mountain can represent your life, your job and task your involved in, a project or a goal."


GEORGE CARLIN QUOTE USED:


"I take it slow, I go with the flow, I ride with the tide . . . . I'm hanging in, there ain't no doubt. And I'm hanging tough, over and out." (From LIFE IS WORTH LOSING -- 2005)


***************


Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~


7 comments:

  1. Brava! Exceptional blogophilia, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leeza! For your wonderful comment and for your friendship.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You always touch my heart and soul Barb...Blessings, Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tanya! And for finding my page. I found yours too -- such a beautiful blessing to us always.

      Delete
  3. George Carlin was amazing and full of surprises...Your work is the same way. I'm always in awe of your writings.

    --Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana! And I am of your work as well.

      Delete
  4. such a vivid description of friendship born out of chance ... very moving Barbara .... brilliant..

    ReplyDelete