Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FROM THIS GRANDMOTHER'S HEART - Blogophilia 16.6/A Serious Case of Affection



 

Blogophilia Week 16.6 - A Serious Case of Affection

Bonus Points:


(Hard, 2 pts): Incorporate a lyric from REM
(Easy, 1 pt): Feature a bitter taste

----------------

 photo Redheartleavessigned-1small-1_zps76378309.jpg

 

FROM THIS GRANDMOTHER'S HEART
 

Ever since you were born
(and even before you
came into this world)
I've felt it coming on,
no mistake about that.
For I knew the signs
and symptoms
of this "affliction"
no one had to tell me,
I knew exactly 

what it was
and precisely

what I had.

It was
(and still is
and forever will be)
undeniably
and unmistakably
a serious case of affection,
a love that began building
even before the first sight,
after which our bonds
only blossomed even more
and grew into what they've become
since each of you were born,
bonds growing even stronger
with each passing month 

and day
and year,
as "love is all around me
and so the feeling grows."


For not so very long ago
two little boys came 

into this world
and very quickly 

stole everyone's heart,
for that's what they do,
little boys and little girls,
and the two of them
have certainly stolen mine
leaving only sweetness
and sunshine
to brighten every day,
never any bitter taste,
like dandelions

ever left behind,
no tears of sadness,
frustration
or anger;
only laughter
and giggles
and happiness
we share.

And they know the way
to this grandmother's heart.

(c) barbara kausteklis 6-12-13

Written for Blogophilia 16.6/
"A Serious Case of Affection."

GUESSES

TOPIC SUBMITTED BY Kismet

PICTURE SUBMITTED BY  Sharonlee




 photo BLOGOPHILIA166_zpsb2667628.jpg


PHRASES  All fall down, shooting stars, by the dawn's early light, meteoric, spectacular, points of light, the sky is falling, full moon, awesome, by the light of the moon, rockets red glare, moonscape, moonstruck, red sky at night, firestorm, spectacular sight, night lights, fireflies, shock and awe, red glare . . . . 
I could keep on going but all guesses

REM LYRIC INCORPORATED -- "Love is all around me and so the feeling grows" from "Love is All Around."

I tried posting this on Facebook as well, 
but wasn't able to format it at all in the Notes.
I'll give it another try later.  

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They do indeed. I had a fun time with the two of them today. Thanks so much, Christopher! And for find this.

      Delete
  2. This is heartwarming, Barbara! Brings a big smile... -David II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, David! I'm certainly glad to be able to share a smile.

      Delete
  3. Barb, this is such a tribute to your grandchildren and written so beautifully, as always! The boys will always have these wonderful writings to look at and appreciate. Just keep writing. OK??!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww . . . . Thanks so much, Joyce! So great to see you here.

      Delete
  4. Ah, it must be wonderful to be a grandmother... You can enjoy and spoil them and then hand them back to their parents, haha. This is so beautiful & heartwarming, Barbara! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a delight indeed. Thanks so much, Colleen! I'm glad to be able to share them in this way.

      Delete
  5. Found the link to your poem on Facebook. I love this poem, Barbara. So heartwarming, and on a special topic: Being a grandmother! I love it, and cherish each moment with my grandchildren. Oh, I have a problem with getting my poems to look right on Facebook also. Love how they look on Blogger/Blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Clara!!!!! It's been such a long time. I'm so very glad to see you. Yes, they are so precious and fun to be with. And as for the formatting, I'm thinking that maybe the piece has to be typed directly into the box and not pasted. I'll just have to play a bit more with it. But I love Blogger too and will continue to post here.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Awwww . . . . Divinia!!! Thanks so much. I am so very thankful that there are all these ways to remain connected with friends.

      Delete
  7. Absolutely precious, Barbara!

    Michelle K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Michelle! They are such a delight. I'm glad to be able to share them a bit in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Barbara. Nice tribute to the kids.
    - Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mark! They're such a lot of fun.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful, Barbara. Glad I found you here. From a Grammie to a Grammie: We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks so much, Sandi! I'm so glad you did too. And yes indeed, so very blessed by them. And when I saw your blog and profile the other day I realized that I hadn't connected mine yet to Google Plus and took steps to try and figure it out. It had always seemed such a mystery to me. Big Hugs to you on this Saturday Morning.

      Delete
  11. The autumn leaves photo! The perfect elegant touch which speaks eloquently even before the lovely words begin. Loving, wise, sage, empathic lines -- just like the poet who penned them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always such precious words. Thanks so much, Leeza!

    ReplyDelete