Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TRANSFORMATION'S PROMISE (with photo)

 photo Butterflysigned6-18-13_zps60d2f958.png

 

TRANSFORMATION'S PROMISE
 

As the muted glow of evening
flows into the night,
I can't help but reflect
upon what I see outside
and how nothing ever
remains the same
from one day to the next,
changing,
evolving
all the time,
from minute to minute
growing,
transforming,
before my eyes.

And I reflect
upon the beautiful butterfly
as she puts me in a trance
within her iridescent winged waltz
among the roses of summer
and the precious blooms of spring,
of transformation's promises
fulfilled in symmetrically
kaleidoscopic ways,
my attention transfixed
upon the magic they weave
as they waltz among
the blossoms gracing
my garden and my heart.

And as I watch them
every changing,
I'm captivated and in awe
as spellbound by their beauty,
my heart skips a beat
and smiles,
my eyes awakened
as they continue to see,
stirred,
refreshed,
transformed once again
by their waltz as I join in.

For beneath the brilliance
of an afternoon sun,
my heart smiles
as awakened by the beauty
my eyes see,
stirred,
refreshed,
transformed
once again
from within
and without,
as a butterfly emerging
from sorrow and doubt,
the way more clearly seen,
again revealed within
the the butterflies
dancing among beads
of morning dew,
the self that was buried
so deep inside
transformed anew
on this summer morning
and kissed on the cheek
by golden rays of dawn.


(c) barbara kausteklis 6-17-13

 

Written for Apollo Blessed Challenges Abound/
Inner Metamorphosis Challenge

 

http://apolloblessed.ning.com/group/challenges-abound/forum/topics/inner-metamorphosis-challenge

 

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

 

Lots of Love and Big Hugs.

 

~barb~

7 comments:

  1. Your words are gorgeous, as always Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I put my reply in the wrong box -- still getting the hang of this . . . . "Thanks so much, Clara! Happy to share a bit of the beauty around us with this. (HUGS)))"

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much, Clara! Happy to share a bit of the beauty around us with this. (HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Barbara!

    Michelle K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm glad to be able to share Sharonlee's wonderful theme with this. (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Oh, Barbara! I am so glad I didn't "lose" you in the Myspace fiasco. Your poetry always brings such joy and appreciation for the beauty in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww . . . . And mutual indeed. "Fiasco" is the perfect word for what has happened there. I treasure your friendship and am so very glad to be able to connect here. Thanks so much, Sandi! (((HUGS)))

      Delete