Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

THE WORLD TO ME -- Blogophilia 17.6



Blogophilia Week 17.6 - On The Bookshelf

Bonus Points:

(Hard, 2 pts):   Incorporate a song title by Prince
(Easy, 1 pt):  Include a drink made with vodka

 
****************

 
 photo c740e97a-9a05-48d5-83af-8a479b482007_zps701a54aa.jpg


THE WORLD TO ME

A wide open book
is the world to me,
each page an adventure
to places I've never been,
firing up my imagination
and setting me free
to roam,
to explore
places faraway
and nearby,
every day to travel
in every direction
under the sun,
oceans and deserts
and mountains so high
and touching the sky.

I can sail within the pages
on frigates and tall ships,
to places far-flung
all over the globe
and to the ends of the earth.
I can soar with my kite
above white puffy clouds
and swim with the dolphins,
and explore depths of the sea
as I happily read each word
of the books nestled
on the bookshelf
right next to me.

And somewhere between
awake and asleep,
as I close my eyes
for just a second
and put up my feet,
I put down my book
and sweet dreams
sweep in upon
a mountain breeze
and call my name,
as they overtake
my heart and my mind
transporting  me once again
to where I've just traveled
from my easy chair
through the pages
of the book I've read.


 photo Labyrinthsmall_zps5b648fa1.jpg


(c) barbara kausteklis 6-19-13

Written for Blogophilia 17.6/"On the Bookshelf"

https://www.facebook.com/notes/marvin-martian/blogophilia-week-176-on-the-bookshelf/574208122600409

GUESSES

TOPIC SUBMITTED BY:  Sharonlee

PICTURE SUBMITTED BY:  David II


 photo Blogophilia176_zps6537a98c.jpg


PHRASES:  Back to back, role reversal, open book, opposites attract, back to the future, time warp, comical, shoulder to shoulder, avid readers, out of character, life is an open book, book ends, character actor, novel ideas, paperback writer, superhero, on the wall, mutual admiration society, friends, pulp fiction, opposites attract, odd fellows, checkered past, nose in a book, staring straight ahead, friends, paperbacks, through thick and thin, sitting up straight, shoulder to shoulder, shoulder high, imaginary friends, One Life to Live, Days of Our Lives, life stories, Biography Channel, Action Comics, action figures, superheroes, hero worship, book break, story time, silent reading, back breaking, life stories, past and present, life reading, light reading, story time, Odd Couple, out of character, losing face, two's company, can't tell a book by its cover, switching places, looks can be deceiving, shoulder blades, book cover, reading matters, Black Beard's Ghost, characteristic . . . . such fun and mental gymnastics guessing, but they are just that . . . . guesses. 

VODKA DRINK INCLUDED -- Mountain Breeze

PRINCE TITLE INCLUDED-- Call My Name

***************

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

Lots of Love and Big Hugs.

~barb~

4 comments:

  1. And this piece is also posted in My Notes on Facebook. The link to that posting https://www.facebook.com/notes/barbara-kausteklis/the-world-to-me-blogophilia-176on-the-bookshelf/10151421966197251

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I loved reading this, especially that you had to include a Prince Title...lol
    As usual, this is a warm and calming piece. Thank you Barbara ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so guilty of not reading...I forget how it can transport me to other places and times. Thank you for reminding me. Still, I probably will not pick up a book any time soon as I never feel I can steal the time to read. Thank you for your poetry, for your works are my surrogate books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get this Barbara, hello!!! Hello Divinia and Sandra and any others of the old myspace family!!!! love you guys,Voo

    ReplyDelete