Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

IN THE SOUND OF THE WIND (or A BIT OF MARCH MADNESS) with photos







IN THE SOUND OF THE WIND

(or: A BIT OF MARCH MADNESS)

I hear my name
in the sound of the wind,
March breezes blowing
and spring ushered in,
sometimes marching,
occasionally dancing
to its own special song.
And when I look up at the sky
from down here below,
and see what I see
way up there so high,
I’m as puzzled as can be
as I try to figure out
what March is saying to me
in such unpredictable ways.

Sometimes I’m simply
left scratching my head
and thinking that surely
I should have stayed in bed
as on some days there’s
no logical explanation of why
things happen the way they do
and seem to go so very awry.

It’s madness, I say,
March Madness to be sure,
the comings and goings
from just who knows where,
sometimes so exotic
and other-worldly it seems
at other times just the opposite,
so calm and serene.

So for now I just take it
one step at a time
and day by day,
considering everything
that happens to come my way.

And as winter turns
once again into spring,
I’ll be looking for the rainbows
that come after the rain;
and I’ll be watching for butterflies
and puffy clouds in the sky;
and I’m sure that madness
that March seems to bring
will be be behind us soon
as we soar toward April
with the flowers of spring.





(c) barbara kausteklis 3-5-12

Written for "Magic Monday/
“Marching Into A Magical Madness.”

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/82186/marching-magical-madness/

Thanks so much for your precious comments
and for finding this piece and the others posted.

~barb~

5 comments:

  1. This is sweet. I agree with you. Some days are harder than others though.

    --Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They most definitely are -- weather-wise and in every other way. Thanks so much, Diana!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photo captures! And, yes, today here is colder and chiller than most of "winter" months have been! March madness forsooth! Go figure! You so got it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And same here. From day to day so very different. Bright and sunny today. Yesterday gray and chilly and drizzly. But I never can really complain about the weather here. Thanks so much, Leeza!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully crafted & captured.
    First week of Autumn here.

    xox

    ReplyDelete