Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

SILVER SCREEN MAGICAL (a "Wonderful Wednesday" Piece





SILVER-SCREEN MAGICAL

Silver screen magical

and how it used to be,
when black-and-white
was bigger than life
and so much more fun
than watching TV.
I loved the glamor,
the thrills and chills
of way back then
upon that silver screen,
so much bigger
than life itself
(or so to us it seemed).

We watched them

live and love and be
all that we dreamed
that we would be
when our big-screen
silver dreams came true
and we were swept
right off our feet.

And as I watch them

again and again,
(for they never
grow old),
I smile,
I laugh,
I cry
as when
I watched them
on that big silver screen
such a very long time ago.

(c) barbara kausteklis 3-14-12


Written for CPC "Wonderful Wednesday/

A Journey Through the History of Film."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/84317/
journey-history-film-wonderful-wednesday-kristin/


Thanks always for your visits and precious comments.


Big Hugs.


~barb~


4 comments:

  1. I love the black-and-whites. Those movies have a charm and quality of magic today's movies don't. Your darling poem so captures this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that. Amazing art that isn't found in so many of today's films. Thanks so much, Leeza!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Leeza. I love the old films as well. I was watching a lot of Cary Grant movies at one point.

    --Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic treasures indeed. Thanks so much, Diana!

      Delete