Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

UPON THE BRINK (A "Magic Monday" Piece)





UPON THE BRINK

I stand again,
quite precariously,
upon the brink
of what's in store,
upon the edge
of the future
and what lies ahead
as time marches
on once more.

It has no intent
of slowing down,
time moving
oh so fast;
and in my dreams
of night and day,
just a tiny hint
of what might
come my way,
though I don't
really know when;
maybe tomorrow
or maybe someday.

Maybe magical moments,
maybe adventures bold;
I don't really have any idea
what the future holds;
But I'm glad to
have had the chance
to speed things up a bit,
for just last night
I got a jump start
as I set my clock ahead.
And as the hands
move 'round the clock,
I'm not too far behind,
for I know once more
I'm on my way
as I drift off to sleep
dreaming of
come what may.

But I know that
by jumping forward
in this way
I'm not getting
too far ahead,
as before I know it,
October will be here,
and I'll fall
once more
behind.

(c) barbara kausteklis 3-12-12

Written for CPC "Magic Monday/
Changes in Springing Forward."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/82191/spring-magic-monday/

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~

3 comments:

  1. Adorable. The sweetest spring-ahead/fall-back standard-and-saving-time dealing I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was brilliant I am glad I stumbled across this

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. Time adjustments are hard, but once you adjust, the time changes again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete