Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

NATURE'S SOOTHING BALM -- "A Simple Sunday"




Artist: Darrell Shepherd


NATURE'S SOOTHING BALM


I've heard the voice of wisdom
as it rustled through the trees;
I've heard it in the ocean's waves
and whispered in the breeze.
And once more I hear it
in the rivers flowing
from high above,
Nature's soothing balm
washing over a land
so parched and dry ,
in dire need
of her soothing hand,
her waters passing
over the desert floor,
as life is restored,
renewed once more.

And with the flowing waters
of springtime and beyond,
my own heart is renewed,
also parched and dry,
as I once more fill my cup
at the river's edge
dipping into that water
so crystal clear and pure;
flowing from that place
where wisdom and hope reside,
passed down through generations,
which no barriers can restrain,
sweet wisdom flowing as day begins
and darkness gives way once more to light.

(c) barbara kausteklis 3-25-12

Written for "A Simple Sunday Featuring
the Art of Darrell Shepherd."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/85081/cpc-sunday-share-host-artist-darrell-shepherd/

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~

3 comments:

  1. The poem soothes immeasurably and I feel as if I'm ensconced within the painting. Well done, both you and Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leeza! Happy to share a bit of peace to go along with Darrell's beautiful painting.

      Delete
  2. Wow, so poetic. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete