Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

IF (AND BECAUSE) YOU LOVE ME (with photos)



IF (AND BECAUSE) YOU LOVE ME

When it comes to the subject
of love and romance,
I must admit
that I really don’t have
too much to say
that hasn’t already been said
by those who can say it
so much better than me.
But the words that I offer
as I set them down here.
The words that I’d offer,
certainly come from my heart
and they mean what they say.

Love isn’t a subject
that I talk about much,
though very important,
as we most definitely know.
But for the purpose of this,
I’ll jot down some words
on the subject of love
as they come to me . . . .
I don’t set down many conditions
when it comes to love,
for love is unconditional
when it’s true and it’s real.
The topography isn’t complicated
and the maps are quite clear;
the roads are rather straightforward,
each one leading to my heart.

So I won’t say, “If you love me,”
but I will put it like this –
BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME,
you know how simple my needs,
respecting the me that is me,
as I respect you for you.
And because you love me,
you have a listening ear
and hear exactly what I say,
just as I listen in turn
to you and each and every word;
and because you love me,
you smile at least
every once in a while,
focusing on the good in life,
not dwelling on the bad.

And finally this –
Because you love me as you do,
you’ve handled with care
this heart of mine,
and I’ve done the same for you.



(c) barbara kausteklis

For CPC "The Friday Fling Writes Spring Romance."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/87362/friday-fling-writes-spring-romance/

Thanks always for all visits and comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment