Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

RELEASED AND SET FREE





RELEASED AND SET FREE

Doing the best I can
with what I have today,
I try to look beyond
the very next step
to what lies ahead
through tomorrow’s door
as I leave the rest behind
and get it out of my mind.

I’m tucking away
those memories,
putting them back
where they belong,
in treasured boxes created
especially for them;
tiny remnants
and random bits,
leftover pieces
of another day,
another time,
layers of thought,
some half forgotten
and others almost lost,
faint images and muffled words;
I’m leaving them behind.

And finally,
after all these years,
I’m beginning to see
what has burdened my heart
and unsettled my soul.
And so I’ve begun
to put it all away
and let it all go,
released to no longer
get the better of me
as mixed with the ink
that flows through my pen,
it fills up the pages
and once-empty spaces
in lines woven with care.





(c) barbara kausteklis 4-9-12

Written for "Magic Monday/Magic of Life."

"Life is like photography.
You develop from the negatives."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/85317/magic-life/

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~

1 comment: