Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

OF SUNNY DAYS AND STELLAR NIGHTS -- Blogophilia 8.5




Blogophilia week 8.5 - "Stellar Nights"

Bonus Points:


(Hard, 2pts): mention a type of perfume

(Easy, 1pt): include burning bridges

Final date to post BLOG: April 21, 2012 - Saturday, midnight Pacific Time


Final date to post ALL GUESSES: April 20, 2012 - Friday, midnight Pacific Time


Please highlight or otherwise point out your bonus points attempts.


Guess correctly who submitted the topic... and a correct guess at who submitted the picture earns you additional points.


Guess correctly the secret "word or phrase" earns a chance at more points. Including the secret word or phrase within your blog content earns an additional point.

***************





OF SUNNY DAYS AND STELLAR NIGHTS

Quite often I drop what I'm doing
and stand back to reflect
on life and love
and the day ahead
and what the future holds
over the rainbow's edge.
I wonder about so many things
that wander through my head
though coming to very few conclusions,
just more to think about instead.

Sometimes I wonder
why I come here
to this particular spot,
this place I've come
to call my own
where I set down
at least a few of my thoughts.



I come back here again
with nothing particular to say
that's deep or profound
or wise in any way;
just sharing a few
of the sights and the sounds,
reflections crossing my path,
that I'm happy to pass along
and to share with my friends.

I come here in the middle of the day
and when the stars are shining bright;
I come here when I'm happy or sad;
it doesn't really matter -- day or night.
And I come here to this page again
because of the lines I read,
the words I hear,
the friends who share their wisdom
and their hearts with me,
not just once in a Blue Moon,
but whenever they can,
sharing sunny days
and stellar nights
and everything in between,
burning bridges of the past
and creating new bridges
to what the future brings.


(c) barbara kausteklis 4-19-12

Written for Blogophilia 8.5/"Stellar Nights."

http://www.myspace.com/blogophilia/blog/545585639

GUESSES:


TOPIC SUBMITTED BY Sassy Sue

PICTURE SUBMITTED BY Sharonlee



PHRASES A tree grows in Brooklyn, hands, The Hand, Cool Hand Luke, Idle Hands, Gifted Hands, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, 5D Bonzai Adventure Rajaouri Garden, The Tree of Life, Bonsai, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, The Tree, Roots, Twisted Roots, The Roots, Cool Hand Luke, Bonzai

PERFUME: Blue Moon

***************

Thanks always for visiting and commenting -- always such an encouragement to me -- and for sharing another Blogophilia Week with me.

~barb~

No comments:

Post a Comment