Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

TOWARD THE RAINBOW (with photos) -- Blogophilia 9.5




Blogophilia week 9.5 - "A Happy Journey"


Bonus Points:

(Hard, 2pts): mention 3 songs with a color in their title
(Easy, 1pt): quote Pink Floyd

Final date to post BLOG:
April 28, 2012 - Saturday, midnight Pacific Time


Final date to post ALL GUESSES: April 27, 2012 - Friday, midnight Pacific Time


Please highlight or otherwise point out your bonus points attempts.


Guess correctly who submitted the topic... and a correct guess at who submitted the picture earns you additional points.


Guess correctly the secret "word or phrase" earns a chance at more points. Including the secret word or phrase within your blog content earns an additional point.

******************




TOWARD THE RAINBOW

On this morning
so radiant and clear,
I could almost touch the sky --
it seemed so very near.
And with each ray of sunlight
that flowed into my hands,
I inhaled the freshness
that this new day
was meant to be,
thankful once again
to be well on my way.

And on this day
it occurred to me
how much a part I am
of all that I see
and everything surrounding me,
taking my cues from those
who climb as far as they can
to see even further
than they ever imagined
or dreamed.

And I stop here
for just a moment,
preparing for the steps ahead,
the next adventure,
the next journey
beyond what I currently see.





It's been a rather HAPPY JOURNEY so far,
I'm relieved to be able to say,
not too many tears
or major catastrophes
to hinder my steps along the way.
In fact, it's been pretty smooth sailing
across the miles
and across most
of these many years.





And along the winding road
I've been blessed to see
robin's eggs of baby blue,
green fields stretching out
before me for untold miles;
autumn leaves turning a rich
golden brown;
rivers and mountains
and the waves of the sea,
every so often
paradise beckoning to me.

Every step I've taken
along the journey of my life
has become a part of who I am
as I embrace each
one of them with joy.
And I must admit that it's so,
these words summing it up for me,
“Long you live and high you'll fly
and smiles you'll give
and tears you'll cry
and all you touch
and all you see
is all your life will ever be.”





(c) barbara kausteklis 4-26-12

Written for Blogophilia 9.5/"A Happy Journey."

http://www.myspace.com/blogophilia/blog/545617265

GUESSES

TOPIC SUBMITTED BY: Sharonlee

PICTURE SUBMITTED BY: Ruz





PHRASES: The Three Musketeers, Three Amigos, Tres Amigos, Notting Hill, Radio Flyer, Gone With the Wind, Rabbit Run, Wagon Train, Desperados, Friends, Three on a Mattress, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Downhill Racer, Two Men and a Lady, Watership Down, Armed and Dangerous, Harry Met Sally, Three Men Standing, Close Encounter of the Third Kind, Jailbreak, Bladerunner, I Really Have No Idea . . . .

SONG TITLES WITH COLORS USED:

Baby Blue – 1979 – Beach Boys

Greenfields - 1960 - Brothers Four

Golden Brown - 1982 - Stranglers

PINK FLOYD QUOTE USED:

“Long you live and high you'll fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.”



****************

Thanks always for visiting and commenting
and for sharing another Blogophilia Week with me.


~barb~

1 comment:

  1. you led me through fields of high grass... feeling the sunlight on my back Barbara.
    your words flow and lets my mind wander freely... such a good feeling your blog girl...
    brilliant read Barbara xxx

    ReplyDelete