Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

RISING TO MEET THE SUN



“Untitled” by Philippe-Alain Gilleron


RISING TO MEET THE SUN

I can’t even begin to imagine
what it must have been like
to have witnessed the birth
of this place we call Earth
as I watch the restless giant
from way down here below,
smoke seeping through
the cracks and fissures
rising to meet the sun.
I can only stand in awe
and marvel at what I see,
the Creator’s hand at work,
as what has been dormant
rises out of the darkness,
power once more unleashed,
released into the Now.

And as I watch
the smoke ascend
I’m reminded once again
of the day the mighty
mountain spoke,
lava flowing to the sea,
nothing left within
the path she carved
as her ashen cloud
blackened the sky.

And the way I saw
myself and the world
was never the same again.

(c) barbara kausteklis 4-15-12

Written for "A Simple Sunday" which featured
Philippe-Alain Gilleron and his "Untitled" painting above.

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/86141/simple-sunday-beautiful/

Thanks always for your visits and comments.

~barb~


No comments:

Post a Comment