Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

AND LUNA FOUND ME (with photos)





AND LUNA FOUND ME

The moon slowly rose
over the mountains
to the east
crystal blue skies,
so very absent all week,
fading with the sunset,
bands of orange
and gold painted
across the horizon
and the western edge
of another day.

And the orange blossoms,
so fragrant and white,
having taken them for granted
until this day turned to night,
glowed in the darkness
as they captured my eye
each petal unfolding
bathed in fragrance
to delight.





And as I inhaled
the evening air
transfixed by the blossoms
and the sight I witnessed there,
the moon found my heart
rising higher and higher
as day became night
and Luna
found
me.

(c) barbara kausteklis 5-8-12

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful. Sorry I haven't been around here. I had a hard time adjusting to the new Blogger format. LOL. I hope you are having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete