Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

RENDEZVOUS AT DAWN -- Magic Monday




RENDEZVOUS AT DAWN

They gather together
in that quiet place
at the first breath of dawn,
where the silence of the morning
speaks in a hushed whisper,
where a renewed canvas
awaits our gathering,
where the colors of the day
begin to assemble one by one.

And I meet them there
where they gather.
And I listen carefully
to what they have to say,
those ideas gathered together
in that quiet place at dawn.
And I try to understand
as they converse
amongst themselves,
the birds just beginning
to sing their morning songs.

I try to make
some sense of it all,
those ideas I hear
as the sun begins to rise.
And I catch snippets
here and there,
random thoughts,
impressions,
images,
words dancing
across the empty spaces
of this morning’s canvas.

And I jot them down,
some of those ideas
that delight
in confounding me,
before they have a chance
to slip away,
to evaporate
into a busy day.
For it is
in the quiet
of my morning
that those ideas
of yesterday
and today
and sometimes
even of tomorrow
slowly find their way
to my hand
and to my pen
and to this blank page
that lays on the desk
in front of me.





And so it it is
that the lines and words
that tumble ’round and ’round
within this blank space,
making little sense all alone,
but begging for company,
meet together at dawn
and try to make some sense
of life’s bits and pieces
as the birds begin to sing
their melodies of a new day.





(c) barbara kausteklis 5-21-12

Written for CPC Magic Monday/
"Creating Magic With Your Ideas."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/85897/creating-magic-ideas/

No comments:

Post a Comment