Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

WITHIN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY -- Blogophilia 13.5




Blogophilia week 13.5 - "Absolutely Never ... well ... MAYBE"


Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2pts): include the words "haunting numbers" .... and a pair of dice showing 2 and 6
(Easy, 1pt): include something that needs liquid fuel

Final date to post BLOG: May 26, 2012 - Saturday, midnight Pacific Time
Final date to post ALL GUESSES: May 25, 2012 - Friday, midnight Pacific Time

Please highlight or otherwise point out your bonus points attempts.

Guess correctly who submitted the topic... and a correct guess at who submitted the picture earns you additional points.


Guess correctly the secret "word or phrase" earns a chance at more points. Including the secret word or phrase within your blog content earns an additional points.

****************




WITHIN THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY



So many times

thoughts have passed
through my head,
daydreams and musings
about things that I've read
or heard or simply
wondered about.
And I've taken a brief look
and to myself have said,
"Never, no never,
would I ever do that.
Not a chance in the world;
at no time and no way
would I do such a thing.
No, I'd never do that."

For I'd love to be able

to spread my wings and fly;
to soar with the seagulls





to waltz among the flowers

with the butterflies of spring.
I'd love to be able
to fly like a kite,
holding on tight
and so colorful and bright.



And what fun to be able

to sit on the edge
of a puffy cloud as it floats
across a pale blue summer sky.
And I'd love to paint patterns
across that summer sky,
flying in that little plane
up so very high.




And suddenly it occurs to me

that while I've always said
that you'd never ever find me
behind the controls
of a single-engine plane
or in the basket
of a hot-air balloon,
or dangling from a parachute,
my feet way up off the ground,




it's certainly
not out of the question

and could be
a very grand adventure

for me.

In fact,

It might only take
one crazy
roll of the dice
a whim,
a dare,
a couple of
haunting numbers,
the pair of dice
showing two and six



(a rather interesting mix),

what used to be
absolutely never,
well, maybe in the future
and not beyond
the realm of possibility.

(c) barbara kausteklis 5-23-12


Written for Blogophilia 13.5/

"Absolutely Never ... well ... MAYBE"

http://www.myspace.com/blogophilia/blog/545754587



GUESSES:


Topic Submitted By: Christopher


Image Submitted By: Steve/slj




Phrases: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Dazed and Confused, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Three Stooges, Cinderella, Fried Green Tomatoes, Clueless in L.A.

Something that needs liquid fuel -- A plane

***********************



Thanks to Marvin for all his hard work
and to all the Blogophiliacs who submitted the wonderfully challenging prompts and themes and images as I look forward to the new series of Blogophilia challenges which begin next week.


~barb~



No comments:

Post a Comment