Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

WITHIN THE FRAGRANCE OF PEACEFUL (with photo)





WITHIN THE FRAGRANCE OF PEACEFUL

Within the stillness
of this moment
toward the end
of a very long day,
I stop here
for just a moment,
retracing the steps
that brought me here.
I come here to this place
where the fragrance of peaceful
bathes my sometimes weary heart
in sweet waves of serenity.

I come here
to evening’s garden
that brings closure to my day
in bands of sunset splendor
painted across the twilight sky.
And as I linger
for just a little while
among the precious blooms,
my spirit restored,
my senses soothed,
peace once more returns
to my ever so restless heart.
And within the stillness
of this moment,
as the moon rises
above the hills,
I inhale the peace
of the garden
with the setting
of the sun.

(c) barbara kausteklis 5-24-12

Written for CPC Thematic Attic/
"Thematic Attic Celebrates Garden Meditation."

http://www.friendburst.com/blog/89314/thematic-attic-thursday-celebrates-garden-meditation/


No comments:

Post a Comment